Nannyjob Community Area
April 24, 2017, 06:14:16 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to ask for a pay rise. Help!  (Read 209 times)
laurabee22

« on: March 19, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »

Hello all,
I have been in my job for a year and as per my contract I plan to ask for a pay review in the coming weeks.
I saw the job on gum tree and at interview was asked how much I needed as a wage. I loved the family and without really thinking said 10nph which, as it turned out, was less than their current nanny and less than my previous wage. Yes I was a fool! Annoyingly after I accepted I was also sent the job by an agency who also advertised it as 12nph! Sigh!
Aaaaanyway I have been really struggling on my current wage and would like to ask for the 12nph but I feel super uncomfortable asking them for money. I absolutely love the family and I know they are happy with me. Do you think it's a reasonable request? The percentage increase is high but do you think it's worth a try if they were willing to offer that wage in the first place
tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »

My view is if you don't ask you don't get. They may offer you less or get what you asked for.
EllaMoo75

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »

Definitely, ask to have a chat and explain.  Just start off by saying how much you adore the children and the job and would they consider a pay rise as you have been there for some time and it would be so appreciated.  It does not sound unreasonable at all especially as you have been there for a year.

EM
JackieB
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »

I agree with what's the others have said, if you don't ask you will never know. Ask for 12 an hour, they can always knock you down a bit, at least it will be more than your on now.. good luck 😀
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: