Nannyjob Community Area
June 27, 2017, 11:41:57 AM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maternity leave- how much to take?  (Read 474 times)
Hantwins

« on: February 17, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »

I am sitting down with my boss in a couple of weeks to talk maternity leave.
I was planning on taking two weeks before my due date, but mum thinks this may be a bit optimistic as I may struggle to be at work. I look after a 2 + 4 year old.
Also I was only going to take 2 months after as can't afford to live on SSP.

Just to confuse matters mum is pregnant and due the same time as me- guessing she will take a year off as that's what she did with her second!

They are happy for me to take my baby back with me after- should I expect a pay cut as have had mixed advice?

Any advice very much welcomed  especially if you've been through this before!
Thanks xx

tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »

When you leave the job is up to you. Everyone's pregnancy is different, if you needed to leave before the two weeks would the family be able to cover you.

What would you do if the mum decided that she didn't want you to take the baby back afterwards.  Have you agreed it in writing that you can bring the baby back? As for pay I think it depends on the family you work for. 
*Lovely*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

Hi, I've just started maternity leave... I wanted to work as late as I could but in the end decided on 36 weeks. I couldn't have gone on much longer TBH, even tho I wanted to. My charges are 6, 4 and 18mo old. The stairs and the lifting of the (giant) youngest, into the car/cot/etc, really broke me! I know that my baby will be coming at 40 weeks tho due to booked induction. I have a week to go and I'm already bored! I'm planning to take 6 months off, so baby will be 5mo old when I go back. I would have possibly taken less but we have a trip to NZ planned and will only have about 3 weeks after that til I'm back at work. Good luck with all your plans!

Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: