Nannyjob Community Area
August 22, 2017, 11:36:01 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanny pension  (Read 662 times)
snoozy

« on: January 28, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »

Had a chat about pension with my employer. Not sure what to do? Have you get pension sorted? I think because I work part time I am not automaticalt enroled in that scheme and it is up to me to decide.
How that works and how much that increases pension?

Snoozy - name of my first long term charge's favourite teddy.
JessiNZ

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »

I think to be honest the best people you could ask is whomever does your tax
NannyNick
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »

If you earn under £10,000 gross per year than you won't be auto-enrolled.  Depending on your earnings you can decide to opt-in. 
Your employer will have a start date for when they need to provide a pension scheme, regardless of if you qualify for auto-enrolment or not. 

£486 per month and below: Has a right to join a pension scheme.
If you ask, your employer must provide a pension scheme for you but your employer doesn’t have to pay contributions into a pension scheme.

Over £486 up to £833: Has a right to opt in.
If you ask to be put into a pension scheme, your employer must put you in a pension scheme that can be used for automatic enrolment and pay regular contributions.

So if you earn over £486 per month it is worth looking at joining the pension scheme. 
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: