Nannyjob Community Area
August 24, 2017, 02:08:26 AM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proxy parenting  (Read 907 times)
rugbycomet

« on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »

Hi

I finished a temp job this Tuesday lunchtime for a single parent.  They said to email my bank details for the renumeration.  I have never had this before as the parents have always paid me on my last day to ensure the transfer went through.

I emailed on Tuesday evening with all my details and have not heard a peep yet.  I've checked my bank too.   I understand it's still early but they were very quick to answer texts and emails before I started the position.  I know they're very busy but how long is reasonable before I drop them another email?  How should I word it?  Sorry, never been in this position before.

Thanks
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:09:57 PM »

Call them, ask if they received your payment details, and if they did, simply say that they don't seem to have paid you yet and could they please do so today. Ask them to email you confirmation.
If they didn't get your email tell them you will send it again now, ask for payment to be sorted today and get them to send confirmation. Simple. Don't let people stuff you around or you will be taken for a ride. I get it that people are busy but they are never that busy that they cannot pay you for your services within a decent time frame. If payment doesn't go in in the next two days send them an invoice with conditions of payment, eg. Pay by.. Always works.
Next time get them to pay you before you leave. Blame it on previous experiences.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
rugbycomet

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm an olde nanny and I think they just think I must be as wealthy as they are!

I've sent a txt which I know has been delivered asking for payment before the weekend.
mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:07:23 AM »

they are taking a pee, if you got the job through an agency, get them to sort it immediately, if you got the job yourself, you will unfortunately need to keep reminding them until they pay. How much do they owe?
JackieB
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 09:19:45 PM »

Maybe send them an invoice and add that they have 7 days to pay. My husband is self employed & that always seems to work. He's only had a few people in 2 years that haven't paid on time x
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: