Nannyjob Community Area
August 19, 2017, 03:45:26 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my mojo :(  (Read 2483 times)
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« on: June 06, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »

I seem to be on a bit of a downward spiral at the mo..

I love my job but it is getting to a stage where there has to be more to life than picking / clearing up after other people. I'm not feeling terribly appreciated !

On a personal ( as in , at home, ) note I have decided to paint all my bedroom furniture to match. Which prompted a MASSIVE declutter, which prompted a car boot sale (which was awful !)

The furniture is now done and I love it. I also decluttered and 're arranged living room. But now I sit at work , wanting to be at home in my "nice tidy" flat !

I have also been diagnosed with graves disease and I'm not sure if maybe that or the medication is contributing to my mood !?

MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »

Oh no to Graves disease. I have a friend with it and it's not too pleasant. I hope your medication is helping even though it might be making you feel ugh.
I thought I had my mojo back. I totally lost it for a long time. Now I don't want to go to work tomorrow, though I know once I am there I will be fine. But still. I rather fancy a tropical beach with the OH instead.
I get the awfulness of carboot sales. We had a yard sale not too long ago and sold some stuff in an auction. Feel like we got totally ripped off in the auction (never going back there!!!) and people rifling through your stuff, even though you want to get rid of it, is yuck.
You'll soon be home to your lovely flat!! Buy a bottle of wine and totally enjoy your evening.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »

Thanks minime. The tropical beach sounds like a good idea !!

I really hate moaning. I really have nothing to moan about. Just struggling staying positive.
Hopefully I am just a bit tired and a few early nights will sort me out  Grin
tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »

We all get to the point where we need a holiday from work why don't you take a few days off work and relax in your flat. Or go away somewhere warm. I booked a spur of the moment trip to Rome and having been there I feel so much better.
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »

I think you are right tigger.
I am off work for two weeks at end of August. Think I may just book the b and b for going to Wales to see my daughter and the grankiddies. That will give me something to focus on and look forward to  Grin
tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 02:57:43 PM »

Sounds like a great idea. If it's possible I'd maybe book a long weekend away before August just to give yourself a break.
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 03:21:45 PM »

Yeah I think I may look into that.
Thanks  Grin
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »

Well I think I am on the way back up !

I felt really poorly over the weekend and went to chemist to speak to pharmacist. She said to stop meds and go to Dr on Monday for blood test. ( there is a serious side effect of meds that causes a rare blood disease.)
So I did. Dr said " I don't think it is "that thing" they warned you about " and to start taking meds again. The results are back on Fri. She thought that they maybe need to up the dose.
I am at hospital for two month check next week so will hopefully know more.
But I have developed a "goitre" which I was discussed could happen at my first diagnosis. Consultant did say if I googled it the photo would scare the bejesus out of me. Obv I did..... and yes it did !!!

But I feel a lot better today. And I have finished painting my furniture so I can rest a bit now !

Thanks for reading  Grin
nannynz
Official Timewaster

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:46 PM »

Glad you're feeing a bit better. It's no fun been poorly. Hope your blood tests come back ok.
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »

Glad you're feeing a bit better. It's no fun been poorly. Hope your blood tests come back ok.

Thank you  Grin

Dr rang up today with results. Thyroid still over active but not as much ! She will let hospital see results and let them juggle dosage when I go next tues.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 11:46:29 AM »

It looks like the meds are working if it is not as overactive?? Medication can be nasty when side effects hit you. My mum is on a seriously huge amount of penicillin at the moment and she is exhausted yet does nothing to get exhausted for. Sad

OMG I just goolged goitre!! Ugh, you poor thing Shocked

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 12:28:30 PM »

It looks like the meds are working if it is not as overactive?? Medication can be nasty when side effects hit you. My mum is on a seriously huge amount of penicillin at the moment and she is exhausted yet does nothing to get exhausted for. Sad

OMG I just goolged goitre!! Ugh, you poor thing Shocked

Lol, it's not as bad as that photo on that website. You can't really see it unless I point it out. I'm not sure if it will get bigger .... or go down !? But it is a sign of a thyroid problem and once that has been addressed the goitre should sort itself out ! What ever that means.

To top it all off I had a phone call from stables on Thursday... my horse is lame... got down there and my horse not just lame but HOPPING on three legs. It was touch and go for a day... insurance, surgery and euthanasia were discussed.
Vet has just been out. Horse seems to have made a remarkable recovery.... no idea why he was so lame !!
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 11:31:54 PM »

A stone bruise could do that to a horse. One minute as lame as, the next they are fine. Glad you have insurance. They are expensive beasts!!

rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »

A stone bruise could do that to a horse. One minute as lame as, the next they are fine. Glad you have insurance. They are expensive beasts!!

He has a tiny cut on coronet band ( where hoof joins leg,) but it's not bad enough to warrant the clear pain he was in. But he is on the mend so it's all good.   Grin
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »

He has a tiny cut on coronet band ( where hoof joins leg,) but it's not bad enough to warrant the clear pain he was in. But he is on the mend so it's all good.   Grin

Oh good. Poor thing. I wish they could talk sometimes! My OH works with horses. I always tell him he has the easiest job of the two of us cos he can at least tie his charges up!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: