Nannyjob Community Area
June 23, 2017, 11:14:11 AM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Messy Play ideas (without food)  (Read 1126 times)
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« on: May 16, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »

I'd love to hear some messy play ideas for under 2's which do not include food (it's use, other than for eating, is culturally insensitive where I am).
My mind's gone blank.
TIA. x

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
chocol8eclare

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »

Not sure if this would work as it uses kitchen equipment.

Bubbles - put a few drops washing up liquid and a half cup water in a food processor and whizz till it foams. Then put it in a container that's fairly flat and add toys.
I make this quite a lot as it's easy to make and so easy to clean up. And it really cleans the food processor well at the same time. You can also use a blender works the same.
mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:38:25 PM »

painting, finger painting, water play, playdough?
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 03:52:35 AM »

Thanks for ideas. My brain has got working a little. I also thought of shredded paper and string instead of spaghetti - use with paint or glue, gloop (cornflour - apparently cornflour and flour are allowed, and water), and slime. Clay would be good but is quite tough for little hands to do anything with I thought. Mud kitchen would be cool!!

chocol8eclare - would bubbles be OK if hands go in mouths? Is there any particular brand of washing up liquid you use? It's hard watching more than one little one at a time. One little one's hands go into the paint and then straight to the mouth every single time! The card we were making the other day ended up being a photo of her making the card, stuck onto the blank card, with caption inside saying something like - we tried to decorate this card but little hands much preferred to decorate the face instead.  Grin

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
chocol8eclare

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:44 PM »

Hahaha MiniMe I can totally relate to that as I have looked after several twins and one set in particular come to mind with this scenario.
In terms of brand we have fairy so that's what I used. My little one (8months first time I did it) did put her hands in mouth a few times but it was towards the end so wasn't too worried. When I did this last week though (now 15months) she was hungry/teething so hands went in all the time.
I think if your concerned about eating too much of it maybe try one of those organic washing up liquids that are chemical free.
nannynz
Official Timewaster

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »

I've been trying to think of ideas as well, I really struggle seeing food being played with. And then wonder do they really need sensory play?  Surely they could experience things about them day by day. Eg sand or mud? Water?
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: