Nannyjob Community Area
August 18, 2017, 07:14:03 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People's shopping habits in the future  (Read 3472 times)
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« on: January 25, 2016, 06:56:35 PM »

I have to give a presentation at work on Customers shopping habits in the future and how I think things will change with regards to shopping in the future. Obviously things have already changed as people now shop online but I wanted to ask if anyone does their shopping differently? Is there anything you wish you could do or utilise? I am meaning clothes shopping mostly not food. Do you use apps or do you use special delivery options? I especially would like to hear from anyone who lives in a vibrant city but any ideas or thoughts would be good. I can cop out and do my talk on why I want to get on the course I am applying for but I thought this might be more interesting as I have a wide range of people to ask.

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

Out of curiosity what is this for? I see very little connection to nannying.
BlueCrush

My heart belongs to the Ocean 🌊 .

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 09:38:34 AM »

I have to give a presentation at work on Customers shopping habits in the future and how I think things will change with regards to shopping in the future. Obviously things have already changed as people now shop online but I wanted to ask if anyone does their shopping differently? Is there anything you wish you could do or utilise? I am meaning clothes shopping mostly not food. Do you use apps or do you use special delivery options? I especially would like to hear from anyone who lives in a vibrant city but any ideas or thoughts would be good. I can cop out and do my talk on why I want to get on the course I am applying for but I thought this might be more interesting as I have a wide range of people to ask.

You 100% right, me and my friends do most of our shopping online as not many professional people these day have time to spend countless hours walking from store to store. Even if we do have time the comfort of shopping from your desk or sofa is unrivalled.
The development in digital technology means you  have 3d images and video available enabling you to see the item clearly. The most appealing is the difference in price - online outlets offer much better prices and discounts than traditional retail stores. For example me and my female friend often see a dress we like and then try to search for it on eBay or other online discount sites. It does pay off most of the time  Wink.
The ability to save an item in your basket and then leave some time to think about it also adds value. You might change your mind or find a better price elsewhere. You can also follow an item or search and receive updates directly to your inbox if a sold out item becomes available or an item you want goes on flash sale.
Most of the time online stores have more and much better choices since retail stores have limited space to stock their goods (more sizes, colours, sample sales etc.). You sometimes see a sign in boutiques "For more options please visit our online store".
If you use amazon people can create wish list and make it available to their family and friends. That is what we are doing: I do not have  time to keep guessing what my family/friends want for birthday. But I can easily check their wish list and pick something I know they would love to have.     

That is the biggest difference I have noticed: I have less and less free time  Sad but much better options (time-wise and comfort-wise) online.

On a less pleasant note I don't have the best experience with sales people. Most of the time they are really underpaid and, as follows, not particularly enjoying their poorly-paid job which shows in their attitude.... Few times when shopping for a new phone the sales person was clueless and annoyed we were asking so many questions about different payment plans and options and he couldn't answer some of our questions. It was a total waste of time. It would be easier to compare it online or call customer service - since they also have more power to give you a better deal  Wink

"Just passing through on another reef sojourn. Because the world doesn't end where the road does..." https://vimeo.com/35328567
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »

It doesn't have anything to do with nannying. The chatboard is for messages on any subject you like. I was a nanny but have since changed to retail but I know a lot of people on this board so thought I would pick their brains. I have them all on facebook too but I don't talk about work on facebook.

*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »

Thanks for the response Blue Crush. I think I might have to give my presentation on why I want to do the course rather than on this shopping habits topic after all. I think you're right about it going more down the online route which I don't think is what all the store managers want to hear in my presentation lol. I think it is as well. At Christmas we weren't that busy really and I think a lot of people bought online. Thanks for responding anyway. It was helpful.

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:42 AM »

It doesn't have anything to do with nannying. The chatboard is for messages on any subject you like. I was a nanny but have since changed to retail but I know a lot of people on this board so thought I would pick their brains. I have them all on facebook too but I don't talk about work on facebook.

oh, I see. Yes, I remember you from long time ago. Do you miss childcare and nannying? Hope you are well.
BlueCrush

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:07 AM »

Thanks for the response Blue Crush. I think I might have to give my presentation on why I want to do the course rather than on this shopping habits topic after all. I think you're right about it going more down the online route which I don't think is what all the store managers want to hear in my presentation lol. I think it is as well. At Christmas we weren't that busy really and I think a lot of people bought online. Thanks for responding anyway. It was helpful.

Good luck with the course!

"Just passing through on another reef sojourn. Because the world doesn't end where the road does..." https://vimeo.com/35328567
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:35 PM »

oh, I see. Yes, I remember you from long time ago. Do you miss childcare and nannying? Hope you are well.

Hi, No I don't miss it at all in the slightest. I had done it for 20+ years and just had enough. I lost my enthusiasm and it wasn't fair on the children. I love working in Debenhams and I am wanting to work my way up within the company. Hope you are well too x

*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

Good luck with the course!

Thank you Smiley

FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »

Might be too late but I think that people will come back to a store that can offer a personalised service with knowledgeable and welcoming sales staff, home delivery for purchase (most people shop locally so it could be less costly than postage) etc. A lot of people treat shops like showrooms, and it may end up being more economical to display a single model, swatches of any colour variations and then have an option to call up the size and colour you want to try that search through racks and racks.

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:31 PM »

Might be too late but I think that people will come back to a store that can offer a personalised service with knowledgeable and welcoming sales staff, home delivery for purchase (most people shop locally so it could be less costly than postage) etc. A lot of people treat shops like showrooms, and it may end up being more economical to display a single model, swatches of any colour variations and then have an option to call up the size and colour you want to try that search through racks and racks.

Thanks for your input. I think you could be right, something will change like that. I think people like Debenhams where I work because of the service but it can be hit and miss depending who they get lol

BlueCrush

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 09:45:34 PM »

Thanks for your input. I think you could be right, something will change like that. I think people like Debenhams where I work because of the service but it can be hit and miss depending who they get lol

Have you seen the movie Shop Girl with Steve Martin & Claire Danes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YODMeNOSofo ? It's one of my favourites...

*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

No I haven't but I adore Clare Danes so I will have a look for it Thanks x

Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:55:16 AM »

Good to see what some of the oldies are up to on here.
Glad your happy in your new position Hello Kitty I remember you had some challenging Nanny jobs particulary that live in one.
I sometimes feel like I've had enough of Childcare not sure what I would do instead though.
I miss Debenhams the shops in Oz pale in comparison.
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »

Good to see what some of the oldies are up to on here.
Glad your happy in your new position Hello Kitty I remember you had some challenging Nanny jobs particulary that live in one.
I sometimes feel like I've had enough of Childcare not sure what I would do instead though.
I miss Debenhams the shops in Oz pale in comparison.

Yeah challenging is one word for it. I had several challenging jobs and my last one left me on anti depressants and having panic attacks. I've never been so relieved to be let go before, well never been let go before but this was a really bad one. I love retail and I never would have thought I would.

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: