Nannyjob Community Area
December 12, 2017, 09:26:59 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Nanny Training Day  (Read 7726 times)
helcal

Stressed out!!!!!!!!!

« on: January 23, 2016, 05:52:30 PM »

For the First time the UK and USA will join forces for National Nanny Training Day.

For tickets and details click the link below

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/national-nanny-training-day-tickets-20930270001

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:14 AM »

It doesn't say what do people.who attend this event get for their money (27 -52). Can you elaborate more or are you just advertising your activity?
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »

it will be great

there will be guest speakers, including an agency owner

and you will have fun, learn and make new friends

if you PM Helen - the organiser who started this post, i'm sure she will tell you more Smiley
mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 06:24:24 AM »

it will be great

if you PM Helen - the organiser who started this post, i'm sure she will tell you more Smiley

I would have thought she would respond to a post on the forum in which she advertised the event rather than PM. Isn't that what advertising is about- to make people aware what they are paying for? What are the credentials of the guests speakers, what are the credentials of the agency owner
mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:29:43 AM »

it will be great

I would have thought she would respond to a post on the forum in which she advertised the event rather than PM. Isn't that what advertising is about- to make people aware what they are paying for? What are the credentials of the guests speakers, what are the credentials of the agency owner

sorry accidentally hit the post button before finishing the post.

What will one learn there? If someone asks for 27-52, then I think it is only fair to state what is being on offer. I can have fun and meet friends without having to pay for it.
allie

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »

I was wondering the exact same thing. Can't find information about this anywhere. Only ticket prices. Not v helpful!  Huh
helcal

Stressed out!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »

Sorry not to reply earlier to any of this I haven't been on here for a while.

The tickets are 20 not 27-52

We have 2 guest Tanja Jelley from Mortimer Nannies and Juliet Cain a personal chef. 

We have a raffle with amazing prices donated by companies.

Afternoon Tea and goodie bags.

Certificate provided.
it will be great

What will one learn there? If someone asks for 27-52, then I think it is only fair to state what is being on offer. I can have fun and meet friends without having to pay for it.

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »

Sorry not to reply earlier to any of this I haven't been on here for a while.

The tickets are 20 not 27-52

We have 2 guest Tanja Jelley from Mortimer Nannies and Juliet Cain a personal chef. 

We have a raffle with amazing prices donated by companies.

Afternoon Tea and goodie bags.

Certificate provided.
it will be great

when you posted the first time the website stated the tickets were 27 -52, now it says 21.79 - 32.09.

It does say about the guest speakers. What are they going to speak about? What are those amazing prices in a raffle? What companies have donated? Who is sponsoring this event? Who is Top Baby Guru - what are their credentials? What is the relevance of an american association for education of young children to the British educational system and nannies working in UK?

I am sorry this is a very poor way to advertise an event esp. when charging for it.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 09:12:51 PM »

I like the idea of a chef but not so much of yet someone else from a nanny agency. That to me is them being allowed to plug themselves and their agency and not much more unless you were a nanny (or wanting to be a nanny) new to the whole nannying scene.

I agree with mm. The American educational system is not the UK system so that is irrelevant. Unless there are some great ideas to be shared.

I actually think a link between the UK and the USA is a good idea but the USA has a long way to catch up with the UK in terms of professional nannies. What exactly is the link though? Is there something special going on for it?
I'm currently living as an expat and know of many Nth Americans who babysit (not nanny) to fill in between studying and travel. To them and their mostly Nth American (expat) employers they are babysitters not professional nannies as the UK would see it. So I believe any linkup would benefit those in the USA far more.

Where are the proceeds of the day and the raffle going to?

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
helcal

Stressed out!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »

Hate to say that the American Nannies are leaps and bounds ahead of us in the UK.

After attending quite a lot of their conferences especially designed for Nannies we are really lacking behind.

Sorry for the confusion on the ticket price but PayPal add a bit on. The event is 20 but PayPal add a booking fee on.

Top Baby Guru is my company that I run alongside being a full time Nanny.

We are a bespoke service for parents and sponsor Nanny events in the UK USA and Australia.

We have mainly advertised the event via Facebook and had a great response. At present we have 25 Nannies attending.

If there is any profit after all costs it will go to Action for Children.

All the American Nannies are career nannies that I associate with.

Please go to. www.nannypalooza.com   Click on training day

And also www.nanny.org

The agency is not plugging themselves but is offering advice on how to present your CV. They are giving their time free of charge.

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »

So to summarise:
 - you are advertising your own company whose credentials you reference yourself.

: -you claimed that the US nannies and the organisations you have are much more professional and ahead than UK nannies. In what way are they ahead, what is the evidence?Those are very vague statements that may mean something or nothing at all.

You know in UK we do have BAPN - Association of professional nannies. It is a fairly new organisation and it is still finding its feet, but it is getting the word about professional nannies out. They also provide some training courses, help with building the CV, vouchers for nanny insurance etc. and their membership fees (10) are clearly listed on their website. This is unlike the american organisation's website you mentioned. I have looked through their website, nothing much is relevant to UK schooling system and their fees are no mentioned unless one wants to fill out their registration form. That to me is not a professional service. People should be able to know the membership benefits AND the fees without having to sign up. The same as knowing what a ticket costing 21.79 - 32.09 inclusive of Paypal fees - so regardless how much money you actually receive, this is the real cost that nannies have to pay. What are they getting for it? What is the topic of the talk that the chef is holding? What is the value of those certificates you will be issuing?

To me this is a very wrong way to freely advertise this event.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:53 PM »

I'm interested to know how UK nannies are classed as being behind Nth American ones. In what ways?
I've put up with a lot of derogatory comments in my time, as being from NZ and working in the UK as a professional nanny, many people assume I am only a nanny to travel, and that it is not a career choice for we 'antipodeans' (how I hate that word). So your saying that UK nannies are lacking behind because of ?? doesn't sit well with me.
I get it that the UK doesn't have many conferences designed for nannies but that doesn't mean that we are lacking. There are many ways of doing CPC as a nanny in the UK which doesn't involve attending conferences where maybe only a little of what is going on may be relevant or of interest to us. I point a lot of younger nannies towards companies like MNT where they can do shorter courses that are relevant to the children they care for, and in doing so you get a UK qualification which is recognised by UK agencies and employers.
Good on you though for trying to organise something like this. Personally I would be making the first conference free. Let nannies decide from there. 20 is a fair chunk these days for the unknown.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 03:00:37 PM »

I'm interested to know how UK nannies are classed as being behind Nth American ones. In what ways?
I've put up with a lot of derogatory comments in my time, as being from NZ and working in the UK as a professional nanny, many people assume I am only a nanny to travel, and that it is not a career choice for we 'antipodeans' (how I hate that word). So your saying that UK nannies are lacking behind because of ?? doesn't sit well with me.
I get it that the UK doesn't have many conferences designed for nannies but that doesn't mean that we are lacking. There are many ways of doing CPC as a nanny in the UK which doesn't involve attending conferences where maybe only a little of what is going on may be relevant or of interest to us. I point a lot of younger nannies towards companies like MNT where they can do shorter courses that are relevant to the children they care for, and in doing so you get a UK qualification which is recognised by UK agencies and employers.
Good on you though for trying to organise something like this. Personally I would be making the first conference free. Let nannies decide from there. 20 is a fair chunk these days for the unknown.

and especially when a whole load of things are available for free, such as the nutrition course with Coursera, the play course with Future learn, reading magazines, books and new research on child related topic. Why spend 20 to hear one speaker on a subject undisclosed and meet an agent?
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »

and especially when a whole load of things are available for free, such as the nutrition course with Coursera, the play course with Future learn, reading magazines, books and new research on child related topic. Why spend 20 to hear one speaker on a subject undisclosed and meet an agent?
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »

in reference to the above, 'why spend 20 gbp to hear one speaker etc...''

Some nannies and childcare professionals enjoy networking  Smiley

Those that wish to attend, will purchase  a ticket, others wont... Cheesy

To many, 20, to meet others in the industry, have a good and interesting afternoon out etc, is worth it Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: