Nannyjob Community Area
August 20, 2017, 09:57:40 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: overactive thyroid...  (Read 1873 times)
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« on: December 10, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »

Has any one had experience with an overactive thyroid ?
The blood tests I am having for high enzyme levels in my liver and low vit d  have just thrown this into the mix !
I have an appointment with Dr Tomorrow morning. It was very confusing tho as two drs rang...one arranged app for morning and the other wants another blood tests mid Jan. So I rang receptionist and explained and she said to keep app. So I will !
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:55:46 AM »

Well the good news after seeing Dr is that my vitamin d is almost normal.
But have to have a test for thyroid in five weeks and keep doing the normal three monthly blood tests for liver.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 12:50:32 AM »

I've known a few peopke with underactive thyroids. Glad you got good news. Ugh to the blood tests but better off with them than not. Isn't vitamin D got from sunlight? Shame the UK doesn't get enough of it. They say kids are at risk of low levels these days due to sunscreen and always being covered up. You can also get fortified cereals and margarine with it I think.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 08:15:51 AM »

I've known a few peopke with underactive thyroids. Glad you got good news. Ugh to the blood tests but better off with them than not. Isn't vitamin D got from sunlight? Shame the UK doesn't get enough of it. They say kids are at risk of low levels these days due to sunscreen and always being covered up. You can also get fortified cereals and margarine with it I think.

Hi. Yes it is sunlight. It is very normal in this country to be low. The Dr just said to keep taking vit d pills.
illegally blonde
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

Has any one had experience with an overactive thyroid ?
The blood tests I am having for high enzyme levels in my liver and low vit d  have just thrown this into the mix !
I have an appointment with Dr Tomorrow morning. It was very confusing tho as two drs rang...one arranged app for morning and the other wants another blood tests mid Jan. So I rang receptionist and explained and she said to keep app. So I will !
What symptoms are you having that the doctor thinks over active thyroid.

My friend ahd this would zoom around at 100 mile an hour the whole time needed very little sleep and lost loads of weight became much too skinny not healthy until put on medication

:-)
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »

I am having no symptoms at all. I am steadily losing weight as last Dr told me to because of liver. It was the blood test to monitor high enzymes in liver and low vit d that threw it out there.

I explained to Dr that I am getting very little sleep as I babysit and as it was a fasting blood test I stopped eating at six the previous day but should have stopped eating at nine..... so I was really hungry too.

The Dr is completely stumped as no symptoms at all. So repeat blood test in four weeks to monitor.
BlueCrush

My heart belongs to the Ocean 🌊 .

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 09:55:26 PM »

Yes, I had a friend who had this issue few yeqrs back. She was loosing weight, couldn't sleep or rest and was super nervous all the time.Not to mention the mad mood swings. At some point she thought she is just plain crazy...  It went away when they balanced her hormones - apparently her monthy cycle became more regular as well, since our hormonal system is so interconnected. 

"Just passing through on another reef sojourn. Because the world doesn't end where the road does..." https://vimeo.com/35328567
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »

That is why the Dr is stumped , because I am not having any symptoms.
He told me to lose weight before because of my liver and I am eating sensibly and steadily losing 1 or 2 lb a week. Not anxious or having heart palpitations, I was getting little sleep as babysitting went crazy.
He did say it could be a viral thing , and I did have a funny sore throat and weird cough. Hopefully it will just settle back into being normal.
I will update after next blood test  Grin
BlueCrush

My heart belongs to the Ocean 🌊 .

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »

That is why the Dr is stumped , because I am not having any symptoms.
He told me to lose weight before because of my liver and I am eating sensibly and steadily losing 1 or 2 lb a week. Not anxious or having heart palpitations, I was getting little sleep as babysitting went crazy.
He did say it could be a viral thing , and I did have a funny sore throat and weird cough. Hopefully it will just settle back into being normal.
I will update after next blood test  Grin

At least you will have it tested 👍

"Just passing through on another reef sojourn. Because the world doesn't end where the road does..." https://vimeo.com/35328567
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: