Nannyjob Community Area
August 18, 2017, 07:16:12 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Training courses  (Read 6104 times)
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« on: June 24, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

This is a list of distance learning training courses. Face to face courses can be found in the Events section or on the calendar.

Your local Further Education college may also provide training courses.

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

CACHE Understand How To Set Up a Home-Based Childcare Service (CYPOP5)

Unit 1 of the Diploma in Home-based Childcare, Introduction to (Home-based) Childcare Practice (ICP), is the recommended introductory course for new and prospective childminders. This course is also suitable for un-qualified Nannies (and other home-based childcarers) wishing to register with Ofsted.

Venue: Distance Learning

Cost: 175pp

For more information please contact 0208 986 9008, email: info@babyem.co.uk visit: www.babyem.co.uk

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:37:42 PM »

CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
This full Level 3 qualification is suitable for those with a supervisory role in a school, nursery, preschool or childminding setting. The course replaces all previous qualifications such as NVQs etc (this includes nursery nurse training / nursery nurse qualifications among others).
Course structure: The Diploma has three pathways which are Early Learning and Childcare, Social Care and Learning, Development and Support Services.

Credit value: The total minimum credit value needed to achieve the qualification is 65. You will need to be working or volunteering in a setting and you must be over the age of 16 years.

Length of Course: You can usually complete the course within 1 year.

Areas of Delivery: Babyem have assessors and are able to support learners within South, South East, South West and The Midlands.

Cost of Course: 1,285 (flexible finance schemes are available, please contact 0208 986 9008 for more information)

For more information please contact 0208 986 9008, email: info@babyem.co.uk visit: www.babyem.co.uk

Here to help! Kiss

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »

If you go on Cache website it says that this particular Diploma expires this august.
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

If you go on Cache website it says that this particular Diploma expires this august.

It does indeed. It will be replaced by the EYE qualification and I'll remove this post when it becomes obsolete Smiley

Here to help! Kiss

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »

Who Is Babyem FLW? I have looked at their website. The selection of courses they offer are nearly identical to MNT. I have never heard of them before.
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »

They're a London based training company. I think they've been around a couple years. I think most training companies seem to be responding to the demands for maternity, PND, BFing training - NEST have very similar offerings too.

Here to help! Kiss

mm
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »

Yes NEST has been around for a while and it is frequently mentioned on NJ while all those new posts are the first time I heard about BabyEm. Obviously the fact that I did not know about them does not meen they weren't around...
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:45 PM »

I'm sure the owner is registered on here and has posted under the name babyem. That's when I discovered them.

Here to help! Kiss

nannynz
Official Timewaster

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »

How can you find out if a course is accredited?  There seems to be so many new companies and surely they can't all be accredited even if they say they are.  I do worry very much about the standard of the maternity courses and wish that the company would let experienced MNs sit in on their classes to make sure a good range of topics are being covered properly.
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »

If they're accredited they have to state that it is, but accreditation doesn't actually give any guarantee of content. Perhaps that's something the ABBP should get involved in?

Here to help! Kiss

nannynz
Official Timewaster

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »

Wow, so what does being accredited actually mean.  Answers quite a few questions I've had about reports of courses and MNs still having questions to be asked.  What a weird system!
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »

It means that their tuition and assessment procedures have been deemed fair and thorough.

Only something like CACHE endorsed (or a similar competent awarding body that isn't OCN) means the content has been checked over.

Here to help! Kiss

MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:34:13 PM »

It does indeed. It will be replaced by the EYE qualification and I'll remove this post when it becomes obsolete Smiley

Why do they keep changing the qualification?? The cache one hasn't been around all that long??
I understand the need for updating etc.. but it's just becoming stupidly confusing.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
princessduck

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »

Who Is Babyem FLW? I have looked at their website. The selection of courses they offer are nearly identical to MNT. I have never heard of them before.

I thought babyem offer courses through MNT..somehow...
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: