Nannyjob Community Area
June 27, 2017, 09:51:40 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the degree ...distance learning.mnt  (Read 10925 times)
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 09:38:31 AM »

That surprises me too - they've always been really nicebut I haven't contacted them lately and they've expanded a lot so maybe customer care has dropped.

I wil also self fund but if you are over 23 I think you can get a loan of some kind for career development.

Welcome Bristolnanny!

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
BristolNanny22

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »

in fairness I did call at 9am ..but I do think you have to be mindful regardless!  I really felt like she was rushing me off the phone and wasn't forthcoming or enthusiastic about anything! 

Does anyone know if the degree qualifies for any sort of funding or student loan?

X
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 11:59:29 AM »

It may be worth asking your local council as I know mine gave funding in certain circumstances. Send an email to MNT and ask if they know if it could?
I have no idea who gives student loans otherwise (banks??) so worth asking whoever (if you know)??

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
Washingontheline

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »

I have got the degree but interested in the top up but couldn't find it online? Any ideas? Smiley
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

I don't think MNT are offering the Top Up for another 2 years when the first lot of their students doing the foundation degree will want to do it. I don't know who else offers it but assume other unis would and pretty sure you can do it with the OU.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
BristolNanny22

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »

Still trying to find out if i can get a student loan for this.. no such luck so far. I've tried to call them but it just keeps cutting me off when i try to get put through to speak someone directly via the phone. helpful!

Does anyone know, that should i manage to fufill this foundation degree (and presumably top it up to a BA HONS when time allows) where this could take me? what progression it may offer me? Are we talking, perhaps 'vip' families.. or other careers etc?
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »

Still trying to find out if i can get a student loan for this.. no such luck so far. I've tried to call them but it just keeps cutting me off when i try to get put through to speak someone directly via the phone. helpful!

Does anyone know, that should i manage to fufill this foundation degree (and presumably top it up to a BA HONS when time allows) where this could take me? what progression it may offer me? Are we talking, perhaps 'vip' families.. or other careers etc?

You do not need a degree to work for 'vip fams'

Just get references... the righy mindset and skill set.

Vip families can be hit n miss.. just like non vip fams ....
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »

You do not need a degree to work for 'vip fams'

Just get references... the righy mindset and skill set.

Vip families can be hit n miss.. just like non vip fams ....
Typo on my part.. *great refs
tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »

I agree great refs get you the job, but the degree has opened a few doors for me personally overseas, to get through to interview, refs do the rest. Also later on when I moved onto another field it made it a lot smoother, gave me more options.
BristolNanny22

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »

Sorry, I think my post may not have been worded well! - I've no real interest in working for high profile families, I'm quite happy working for the sort of families i do now, but am interested in the degree for personal interest and higher education.. but was interested to hear if it lead into other feilds or careers ..Tigger, may i ask into which feild you went into in the end?

Thankfully I have many great references behind me :-)
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 11:01:41 AM »

A degree is a degree so you can work in any different unrelated fields or progress onto postgrads in teaching, play therapy etc.

How valuable the degree is will to a certain extent depend where you do the top up. I don't know whether MNt have an arrangement with BCU which guarantees progression or whether you need to find somewhere else, in which case you want the most reputable university you can find, not necessarily one which is known for EY/childhood studies.

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
cheekybutnice

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »

I am nearly finished with my degree in Early years from UEL. The total cost of this degree (BA Hons) via DL is about 10K for 4 years.
tigger
Official Timewaster

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »

I ended up working as a tutor, as my original degree was in education and mathematics. I'm also just finishing my masters. But as FLW said it depends on where you see yourself long term. IE teaching, play therapy, child psychology. The post grad can allow you to go and work in these fields. There are also lots of BA degrees part time, distance, online available direct from universities. Some are really well established.

I loved nannying and did it for over ten years, but felt it was time to move on. The degree facilitated the move.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »

Is anyone doing this through MNT?? Would love to know how you are finding it/getting on.

abcde

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »

Hi,
Has anyone started the foundation degree with mnt yet?  I am seriously considering undertaking the course and wondered if anyone had any feedback on it. 
Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: