Nannyjob Community Area
August 18, 2017, 07:17:45 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the degree ...distance learning.mnt  (Read 11432 times)
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« on: January 20, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »

Hi.all.
Does anyone knw much about the degree
Mnt are offering
Via distance learning..
From later this year ?!
Thanks
creativenanny
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »

Nope . You could ask them .
Then let us all know . Lol
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »

Nope . You could ask them .
Then let us all know . Lol

Seconded!

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »

This is what I know from Philippa ...

In April we are due to launch our online Early Years  Foundation Degree and Top Up Degree (many nursery staff take these now as there is a real push for graduate leaders in nurseries and pre-schools)

Our degree will be similar in length and content to other providers Foundation Degree's and Top Up Degree's (there is always some slight variation in content- they are never identical but on the whole they are similar things). Length wise - 2 years for the Foundation degree and 1 year for the Top up- however learners can go quicker or slower- it is flexible- most centres usually allow up to 7 years to complete if required!!

As far as we know at the moment you won't need to be in an early years setting to enrol- we will have more details on the specifics in the next few months though- there wont be any workshops- it will be purely online - so yes you can definitely study it from overseas and ours fees will be less than the OU.

.... def worth asking though for info you want to know!

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »

How do they get away with not needing tk be in an EY setting? Surely it can't all be academic.

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

It will be interesting to know the finer details. Maybe it's based on you having experience already?
It's still an option for me though I am torn between doing this and a Classics/language degree.

I'm guessing it has the same qual as a 'normal' degree?? Would it be easy to do a PGCE from this degree? A degree is a degree, isn't it??

3 years to do the (I'm assuming full) degree is akin to doing a full time degree at uni though... it could be a huge time factor for those working to factor in.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
creativenanny
Official Timewaster

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

Can we use credits from other coursees ... Hope fully .
It sounds good and something I really want  to do .
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »

I received this email from MNT this morning!

further details regarding our Online Foundation Degree in Early Years (subject to validation).

Our University Partner:
We are thrilled to announce our partnership with University College Birmingham (UCB).

When:
From May 2014

How:
Our Early Years Foundation Degree is delivered entirely online - there is no need for classroom attendance.

Who:
Our Early Years Foundation Degree is open to any learner with the following:
A level 3 Early Years Qualification OR
At least 140 points from A Levels and a GCSE Grade A*- C in English or above (or equivalent).
(For learners with English as a 2nd language an IELTS score of 6.0 or above is required)

Why take this Course:
To further your skills and knowledge as an early years practitioner

On successful completion, learners can progress to a Top Up degree course which will provide a full Early Years Degree (gaining a full Early Years Degree enables progression to courses such as PGCE's and Early Years Teacher status)

Our fees are lower than other online providers (see below)

You can complete the course at a pace to suit you (average completion time is 2 years but you can take up to 7 years if needed).

Length of Course:
The course is flexible in that learners can complete it in 2 years but learners can take longer if needed and can stop and start between modules.

Fees:
480 per module (including VAT). (Instalment options available)

Cost Comparison:
(as of Jan 2014)

Cost per Year (120 credits)     Total Costs for 2 year Course (240 credits)
MNT                                         2,400                                          4,800
Open University                     5,124                                          10,248

Units will include:
Year 1: (5 modules)
Creative and critical approaches to study
Exploring child development
Young children's learning
The protection of children
Professional management practice

Year 2: (5 modules)
Language and literacy as communicative tools
Management and childhood
Behaviour and individual differences
Research for enquiry
Choice of 2 optional modules

Enrolling:

If you are interested in enrolling for this course please email Paul (paul@mnttraining.co.uk) and we will send you an enrolment form as soon as we are open for enrolments (hopefully by the end of March).

I'm thinking of doing it. Anyone else?

FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »

I really shouldn't  Wink

Here to help! Kiss

LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:07 PM »

I also got the email
And may do it
creativenanny
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »

Hi , yes I am thinking of doing this .. Thanks for posting .
It is so much cheaper than the OU ...
BristolNanny22

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:28 AM »

hi guys.  (newbie!)

I contacted mnt to get more info..... whoever I spoke to was really unhelpful and almost rude.  If it wasn't for the fact they're so much cheaper than OU I would have been really put off.

Can I be cheeky and ask how those of you planning to do it will be funding it?
nannynz
Official Timewaster

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 08:08:53 AM »

Unfortunately I've had plenty of rude experiences with MNT over the phone a real shame as their courses are easily accessible.
LLL2007
Official Timewaster

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »

Unfortunately I've had plenty of rude experiences with MNT over the phone a real shame as their courses are easily accessible.

It really surprises me to hear this

They have always been great over the phone and on email with me
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »

Hi Bristol Nanny and welcome to the boards!!!

I've never had a problem with MNT - they have always been amazing even in my stressed out moments!! Try emailing them asking for info - I know they get busy, no excuse for rudeness though.. but for me sending emails is free and they are very quick to reply - I think calling them costs as they have/had some number that isn't free to call.

I'll self-fund myself if I do the degree. You can pay per module which helps. I'd like to do it but not sure if I will have the time this year but will see how I go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: