Nannyjob Community Area
December 12, 2017, 09:30:15 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bookaholics thread  (Read 98077 times)
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« on: October 27, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »

Ok thought I would try and start a new thread, give it a go and see where we head with it.
I'm passionate about reading ( as I think a lot of us are on here). Might sound a bit cheesy but sometimes reading is my therepy when I want to escape from reality for a bit.

We can put forward all our recomendations, any up and coming reads that sound good, discounts and freebies on paper books and kindles.

I know not everyone has a lot of time to read a book what with other commitments so thought something fun and informal like this might be good?

Any other input will also be greatly received. Let me know what you think Smiley
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »

I'll start the ball rolling.
I read a nice easy read on my Kindle recently called Monday to Friday man by Alice Peterson. I only paid 99p ( not sure how much it is now)

ATM I'm reading Working it out by a relatively unknown author called Nicola May. I got it for free last week on the Kindle.

If anyone's into twitter it's well worth following the authors. A lot of them apreciate hearing your input
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »

I'm reading One Shot by Lee Child at the moment. I'm loving the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. They're just so easy to read if fairly far fetched. It is cool that the hero is so strong and kicks ass so well. I read the first two of the series and loved them but then I started one and didn't like it so I had to leave it and move onto the next. I hate wasting money on a book like that but I just stopped reading so it wasn't worth trying to get my monies worth.

hanl27
Official Timewaster

My ideal man!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »

I'm currently reading Club Dead, the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series but Charlaine Harris-the books that True Blood is based on. I find them very easy to read and very different to the tv series. I love reading but tend to re read my favourites!

[
Ali
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

I have just finished book three of Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz, who is my favourite author. I have to say that it was not great! It really pains me to say that but the last 5 or 6 of his books have been pretty bad. Luckily all three Odd Interlude books are kindle specials and cost less than a pound.

I am currently reading Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay and I cannot put it down, it's really gripping. It's a new book but Amazon were doing a special and I paid 3.99 instead of 9.99.

lol_pom
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »

I've just finishe reading Marian Keyes Kate's The Mystery of Mercy close which was great and I'm halfway thru a very emotional Mums List!! I've had to stop myself going thru the recommended and new sections on my kindle because my wish list is 18 pages long and I'm not getting thru them!
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »

I have to confess I'm a bit of a chick lit fan, however since I joined a bookclub I've read books of different genres. We read A thousand splendid suns a few months ago. I really didn't think it was my cup of tea but I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked it. It is quite hard hitting in parts though
jypsigal
Official Timewaster

"Labels are for cans, not people!" (Anthony Rapp)

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »

I'm reading One Shot by Lee Child at the moment. I'm loving the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. They're just so easy to read if fairly far fetched. It is cool that the hero is so strong and kicks ass so well. I read the first two of the series and loved them but then I started one and didn't like it so I had to leave it and move onto the next. I hate wasting money on a book like that but I just stopped reading so it wasn't worth trying to get my monies worth.

This isnt the best one but get it out of the way before the movie runs it.

I have read all his books (though struggling atm to get into his newest short story). The best IMO are the hard way and bad luck and trouble (but that is with his army pals and i think you should read more of his other books first to get to know him before you read his army ones). They are really good books and easy reads but i find his earlier ones are harder as they are written different (like i am this and that, rather than jack did this and that) and the chapters are ridiculous. His later ones are a couple of pages and they make you read more. i like to read to the end of the chapter and i find when they are 35 pages long i get bored. I did really struggle with one of them but then i bought it on kindle and i found it a much easier read.

Today could be the most important day of your life. It could be the day when it all falls into place... or when it all falls to pieces...

Please help Patrick:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/patrick-the-dog/
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »

There are a few seasonal books that have just come out for anyone who's wants to start getting in the Christmasy mood. A winter flame by Milly Johnson ( love her style) Christmas at the cupcake cafe by Jenny Colgan, and married by Christmas by Scarlet Bailey?
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »

Anyone else got any books to recommend?. Good to have a variety
annabanana

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »

hi Caroline,

as i put on the other thread

i def recommend battle hymn of the tiger mother by amy chua and dearest rose by Rowan Coleman, oh and lessons in laughing out loud also by Rowan Coleman.

i totally agree, reading is my escape too!
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »

I like the sound of lessons in laughing out loud. Will check out the reviews on amazon thanks
*Little*Pink*Fairy*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »

Great idea SC!

I'm reading a series of books at, but need to start to get into reading books more, just havnt been interested right now

I have enjoyed all of Peter James books though, bit of a thriller type books but rather interesting too! Xx
sophieell

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

I love love love reading, cecelia ahern is my favourite  Smiley
lol_pom
Official Timewaster

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »

I love love love reading, cecelia ahern is my favourite  Smiley

She's got a new one out, one hundred names, it's on my kindle ready and waiting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: