Nannyjob Community Area
October 30, 2014, 06:56:37 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening Gifts for older children  (Read 4973 times)
duffas_friend
Official Timewaster

« on: August 16, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »

The 5 children I used to nanny or will be getting Christened at the end of the year, or early Jan next year and I am absolutely stumped or what to get them. All the traditional gifts are obviously for babies.

Twins are 6, L 7, R nearly 10, P 12.

Any ideas?
Bella
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

You're never too old for a money box.

Or maybe a photo frame?

MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »

Something nostalgic?
Hand prints?
Newspaper of their birthdate?
Something unique from an antique/good quality second hand shop?
A 'classic' or 'hard to find' limited edition book with a special name plate in it for them?
A photo of them done on canvas? Pop Art style?

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
duffas_friend
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »

Oh mini you ate full of great ideas! Was moving away from hand prints as they wouldn't be cute little hands.

They have sooo many money boxes  Smiley it seems to be THE birthday gift at the moment and when you have 5 kids they certainly ad up!
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »

Oh mini you ate full of great ideas! Was moving away from hand prints as they wouldn't be cute little hands.

Thanks hun', my imagination has no end ... Tongue I see things everywhere. An ex db thought I was particularly weird when the kids and I would lie outside finding animals in the clouds!!! I tried to tell him it was a nanny thing... we all do it!

Could make the hand into a 'claw' so that the back of the hand lies on the table and the fingers are clawed up, IYSWIM. This could be a paper weight/paper clip holder/posh ornament/candle holder etc.... in years to come. I think any age of kid/bigger kid would love it.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »

I would err towards something more like a confirmation gift with a religious theme.

A St christopher or a cross? Or another symbol like a fish or dove?
A nice bible bound in leather or similar with a personal message? Or an age appropriate bible like the street bible?

I got a lot of nice china for my christening so on a similar theme something they could use on a dinner table when they grow up? Candlesticks are practical yet useful.

What's your budget and do you want it to be more appealing now or with lifelong significance?

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
duffas_friend
Official Timewaster

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »

Don't really have a budget, well do as if you spend like 200 pounds you have to X that by 5  Shocked so maybe 100 - 150 ish but very happy to spend less  Grin

ummm sort of want both french something that they would be interested in now but something to keep forever... might be asking a bit much there tho  Tongue
Mrs L
Official Timewaster

Erica xx

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/baby-child/childrens-living/keepsakes

there are some different and unusual things that may give you an idea

connor got given a name the star as one of his christening presents

duffas_friend
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/baby-child/childrens-living/keepsakes

there are some different and unusual things that may give you an idea

connor got given a name the star as one of his christening presents

what's a name the star?
Mrs L
Official Timewaster

Erica xx

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=name+a+star&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1252&bih=590&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15395198683962775657&sa=X&ei=_RxMTsyLHImh8QObsPHKCQ&ved=0CG0Q8gIwAQ

something similar to this

noodles123

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »

Could you purchase a photoshoot for them all as a family?
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: