Nannyjob Community Area
April 23, 2014, 05:38:04 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website name brainstorming!  (Read 1003 times)
princesslina

« on: January 11, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »

Would anyone like to help come up with suggestions for names for a new website to promote my maternity work? Any ideas would be greatly received as I am striking a blank and anything I have come up with is already taken.  In an ideal world I would have the .com and the .co.uk of the same name but failing that prefer the .co.uk
Thank you thank you to all those creative minds who may be able to help (and of course don't mind me using one of their ideas!!)
Testarossa
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »

babycare.co.uk
caringhands.co.uk
caringandsharing.com
caringbeginnings.co.uk
blessedbeginnings.co.uk
princesslina

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »

Thanks for those ideas, I like babycare.co.uk but it is already taken as a domain name. I had thought of having caring in the title but not sure that i am totally sold on it.
KellyM
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »

Lovematernity.co.uk
Fromheretomaternity.co.uk
Babybunting.co.uk
princesslina

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:48:49 AM »

Thanks for these, sadly none of these domain names are taken, shame i like a couple of them, came up sith a couple more last night really liked nurturingnewborns but an american materity nurse is using that one.
Quite like nurtureandnourish but can only get .co.uk
Thought about rockabyebaby but don't want the cradle to fall!!
Any other ideas greatly appreciated.  Alot of domain names are not available but don't actually yet have a website to them, it is really frustrating!
Going to try and compile a list of my five favourites that are available and take it from there.
Thanks again for those suggestions!
>Meow<
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »

You can always find out who owns the domain name and offer to buy it off them.  After all that is why they bought it in the first place.

Did you hear about the man who bought pizza.com?  he forgot he had it then when he realised he did only about 10 years later he was paid millions for it!! 

Assuming you aren't competing with big companies for a name, it wouldn't cost too much at all.
princesslina

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »

Have tried that for a coupe of names that I really like but no luck sadly so will have to keep looking. the prob is if I buy the .co.uk and cannot but the .com you cannot control what is being put on the .com and people do make mistakes and type.com rather than .co.uk which is why I like to try and get both! Would not like clients to accidentally happen upon a dodgy site when trying to find me!!
KellyM
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »

Marvellousmaternity.com
Magnificentmaternity.com
Twinklebymaternity.con
princesslina

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »

Thanks for these I like Marvellous Maternity but this is not available either. Will keep my thinking hat on, thanks for the ideas!
Mrs Darcy (aka Lindsay)

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »

What about something using your name or initials e.g. 'princesslinamaternity.com' or 'PLMaternity.com' (using your real name) or some sort of combination like that?  You might find it easier to find one that hasn't already been taken.
princesslina

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »

Thats a really good idea will look into that, I had looked at my name on its own as that would mean I could use it in the future even if I am no longer doing maternity work, but the name has gone (tried to buy it off the owner that did not work!!)
Will look at your suggestion thanks very much.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: