ATM PIN number reversal

(1/2) > >>

1_Hot_Gran:
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you  can notify the police by entering your PIN # in
reverse. For example, if your  pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes  that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the  machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown  to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location. All ATMís carry this emergency sequencer by law.

*Lovely*:
Sorry, its not true :)
http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp
I always check these things on snopes. Would hate for someone to be in a situation where they would try this, and have it fail! x

Miss Pebbles:
Agree Lovely - I always check out snopes with things like this - all though it doesn;t sound true anyway - wouldn't it just swallow your card

*kaysy*:
Can anyone shed light on the emergency cash withdrawal option? A couple of times I hit a button on the machine accidentally (don't know which one@)and it has asked if I would like emergency cash- both times the card slot empty

*Lovely*:
Yes for some banks if your card is lost or stolen they can give you a code to use with the emergency cash function to withdraw money from your account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page