Nannyjob Community Area
June 27, 2017, 09:39:45 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craft Websites and Printables  (Read 17490 times)
princessduck

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »

I tried to post this in the ''resources''  section but  it didn't work..?

So which are your favourite websites, blogspots , forums  etc with arts&crafts/activities that you love?

I know that there are some great sources out there but I was thinking maybe you want to update your list? (mabye some websites are down or they are not so ''creative'' anymore?
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »

Nannies art bag is a good one.
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »

http://nurturestore.co.uk/kids-activities-aug-1

An amazing site/blog a friend just recommended .. this link leads to a page where you can register for a free weekly play planner.
Also masses of other stuff on the site from all sorts of crafts, games, messy play, play dough, sensory, maths ... and recipes for dough etc ..

Cloud Dough - http://nurturestore.co.uk/sandcastle-messy-play-homemade-cloud-dough-recipe#more-16352

4 cups of flour
1 cup of oil (we most often use baby oil, to get a lovely fragrance)
glitter is optional, but we like some extra sparkle!

All you need to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix…

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
felybee

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

Do you know how long it keeps? Like if I was to make it today would it still be good to use on Tuesday? X
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »

Do you know how long it keeps? Like if I was to make it today would it still be good to use on Tuesday? X

I haven't made this one, but with all play dough I make I keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. Keeps for ages then.

Just found this on The Imagination Tree .. same/similar recipe - http://theimaginationtree.com/2012/01/glitter-cloud-dough-beach-sensory-tub.html

Quote "It seems to last for ages- our last batch is still fine and we made that at least 4-6 weeks ago. Keep it in a tupperware box."

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
felybee

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »

Great thanks for sharing Smiley
princessduck

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »

Are there any great indoor play for infants (8 months old)? Besides: play doh, touchy feely basket (which I think is great), water play (again great, even I get excited when I put a bath ball in my tub...didn't do it for years though...), finger painting?
I just had a look at a lot of websites and some ideas were great but I would like more.
felybee

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Did you check the imagination tree? I can't think of any website that could have more ideas than this one for any age really.
princessduck

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »

I did. And I just typed what I wanted in Google also but I know from the past that sometimes you are searching for something and doesn't come up and then you search for another thing and you have a great website coming up even though it didn't before.
The problem is that most of the baby play is messy play like spaghetti play or frozen jam and the mother of the child is not into this. She doesn't want her baby to play with food or get dirty! She says this is food wasting.
felybee

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »

She'll get crazy when s/he starts to crawl or eat by him/herself!

How about put things in bottles to make different shakers? For example some bells, some water and glitter (don't fill up to the top), some pompoms, some water and soap, even small toys or marbles. Just make sure lid is really tight so s/he can't open it.

There are also cubes to stack up, nursery rhymes with sins work well...
felybee

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »

Signs not sins
princessduck

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »

Yeap, singing, rhyming, reading stories. She doesn't have many toys....so this is why I am trying to come up with some things. The bottle with stuffs inside is great and I've seen different ones on websites. Also with plastic bags but this is bit tricky because is dangerous if the child is left alone! So I am searching for something that would keep her occupied but nothing dangerous: like a book or something that makes noise. I am always afraid that the child could hurt himself even with a simple toy...
BlueCrush

My heart belongs to the Ocean 🌊 .

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »

will definitely try this idea : Cardboard Box Airplane   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gII69u9KQtM&feature=share&list=PLd54oA1MBWfSxzCmHRSjOhRgEo2RlpCD4

"Just passing through on another reef sojourn. Because the world doesn't end where the road does..." https://vimeo.com/35328567
princessduck

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 06:44:02 AM »

That is very cool in fact! I checked the other videos also!
princessduck

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

For who is interested- I receive emails from Nurture Store and they send me weekly activities!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: