Nannyjob Community Area
July 22, 2014, 08:01:45 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo Frost: Extreme Parental Guidance.  (Read 2906 times)
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »

As has been said a zillion times on here....we all have our own opinions...that's mine, you've voiced yours.

To me this girl is very beautiful and no doubt has been told it often. l know youngsters like this and they want and crave more and more attention.

l think the term is 'fishing for compliments'.....her mum should have NEVER have indulged her, by buying her concealer and foundation. In my opinion, that's fuelling the fire, almost admitting...''Yes you need that make-up as you need to cover up your imperfections''.

The parent should've supported her daughter enough to make her feel valued and loved. Buying her adult (useless) make-up and allowing her to read magazines where the contents are far too old for a young mind to understand is irresponsible, the mother there has a lot to answer for.
l looked after a young girl and she stared saying,'' My legs are hairy''...her mum immediately told her that she would book her in for a waxing...she wasn't 10 years old!!
If that would've been my daughter, l would've explained why her legs were hairy etc, not reached for the first immediate cosmetic fix.

Young people nowadays should celebrate their individuality,appreciate their bodies changing, allow nature to take it's course...not become clones and drones of the material world where they blend in and disappear.  Smiley
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 07:19:41 AM »

That is ridiculous to make the story like it is the childs fault the Mother is practically bankrupt. If she said no once in a while she wouldn't be in debt Roll Eyes Some parents seem to be scared of their children.

Testarossa
Official Timewaster

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Ditto HK, the power of the word NO, is soooo under estimated!
maisy mouse
Official Timewaster

A.K.A nanny23

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »

I agree with melanie-this girl didnt seem to have issues any more extreme than most other girls her age.Yes,its sad that girls feel that way and magazines etc certainly do help.But I would say this girls feelings were pretty standard for girls her age.Did think what jo did though was a great way to show all young girls the lies magazine pictures tell
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »

l point blank cannot understand any parent who knows and can see the plight their child is in, and fails to do anything about it  Huh

This mum has admitted she feeds Josh to make him happy  Roll Eyes Huh Shocked Sad
NannyBeth
Official Timewaster

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »

l point blank cannot understand any parent who knows and can see the plight their child is in, and fails to do anything about it  Huh

This mum has admitted she feeds Josh to make him happy  Roll Eyes Huh Shocked Sad

I completely agree! It's like when the parents say "but they ask for food all the time" - SAY NO!!!!! Roll Eyes
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »

Oh Katy-Ann  Cry
1_Hot_Gran
Official Timewaster

1 Knackered Hot Gran with an Enormous Cyber Family

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »

im watching this now  Grin

forgot it was on

xx
NannyBeth
Official Timewaster

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »

Am watching too Grin

Though the thing about sugar was really really interesting!!
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »

Love Katy-Ann..how cute ?
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Love Katy-Ann..how cute ?
Very true about the dummies and mummies Wink...one of my ex bosses was like this, her daughter was fine without it, but mum would remind her and go and find it and give it to her!! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
lovekids86
Official Timewaster

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »

My Mum struggled to stop giving my bro and sis dummies and bottles. 

I had to step in and take dummies and bottles away from both of em as it got ridiculous.

26/F/Near Bath
I have a LUSH little sis (12) & COOL little bro (16) - <3 them to bits (not so little anymore)!
TigerLilly
Official Timewaster

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »

I watched it last night,I really like this programme I hope they will make more supernanny as well.

Optimistic

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 03:28:47 PM »

Cry Huh Sad Cry

I missed all this as I am not in the UK, I am dying to watch it, Is there any way of seeing it on the internet somewhere? PLEASE!
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: