Nannyjob Community Area
August 18, 2017, 07:05:57 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: activities for under 2's  (Read 12130 times)
beke

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »

Thanks guys they are great ideas xxx
Queen freak
Official Timewaster

when's the weekend?

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:38 AM »

I need to keep lo dry and he has to be very careful wrt to salt etc. We play with his toys, read, do massage and go for walks but I'd like to introduce some baby safe crafts too. I was going to make playdough- but it has a very high salt content so I can't risk him mouthing it. If anyone has a non-salt recipe I'd love to have it, also ideas if other crafts/ messy play he can do baring in mind I can't put him in the bath afterwards.
Many thanks!
asg198
Official Timewaster

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

How about playing with corn flakes/rice krispies. painting I use wet wipes to clean up my charge - not sure if you can do that. Sticking
Louweese

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

how old is your LO ?

stretchy dough -
1bag self raising flour
1 jug of water and
food colouring

toothpaste putty -
1/2tsp toothpaste,
1tsp white glue
2tsp corn flour
1/2tsp water

cloud dough -
8parts flour to 1part baby oil

oatmeal clay -
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup water

or heuristic play (aka discovery boxes)

dry sensory play e.g cereals, dry coloured pasta or coloured rice, lentils etc
Louweese

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »

how old is your LO ?

stretchy dough -
1bag self raising flour
1 jug of water and
food colouring

toothpaste putty -
1/2tsp toothpaste,
1tsp white glue
2tsp corn flour
1/2tsp water

cloud dough -
8parts flour to 1part baby oil

oatmeal clay -
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup water

or heuristic play (aka discovery boxes)

dry sensory play e.g cereals, dry coloured pasta or coloured rice, lentils etc

shredded paper play
sewpatchwork

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »

I love all your ideas Louweese, just wondering how cloud dough works out and how much flour and oil?
Louweese

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

I love all your ideas Louweese, just wondering how cloud dough works out and how much flour and oil?

thank you i'm full of ideas but always seem to do the same old activities with my charges need to start doing some other exciting stuff now especially as their a bit older now, the cloud dough feels weird like a greasy sort of textures but also really soft and crumbly (if I remember rightly) and also smells really good too
Louweese

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »

http://playfullearners.com/2011/10/20/cinnamon-cloud-dough/

here's a picture of it
MiniMe
FLW's flunky
Global Moderator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:48 PM »

Play with uncooked rice - cars/diggers etc - make roads/piles of rice.. One 3yo I looked after loved this!! We lined a drawer in the kitchen table and kept the rice in it and took it out when he wanted to play with it, otherwise bag it up and tip into a tray with sides.

"There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally".
Dazzle
Official Timewaster

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »

paints using yogurt and food dye?

not sure if your charge is allowed yogurt or not, but if they are it doesnt matter if they eatt the 'paint' as its just yogurt

Queen freak
Official Timewaster

when's the weekend?

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »

Thanks guys! Some fantastic ideas :-).
My charge is 10 months old. He has nill by mouth- but I can put his dummy in when we play to prevent stuff being mouthed.
We actually did some water play today- I just wrapped a bin liner around his tummy and then several layers of towels. He was a bit dubious at first but soon got the hang of splashing!
I'm making shakers with him tomorrow, and a big bowl of cooked noodles that we'll hide some smallish plastic toys in.
Blondiewoo
Official Timewaster

"I love....lamp!"

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »

Louweesee....love the ideas. Stretchy dough.....when u say a jug of water?? How big is a jug??

Squishy Butt
Official Timewaster

MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »

QF, sorry, I can't remember what the childs condition is, and was hoping you would remind me please.  How is the new job going (off topic, I know, sorry).

Last year Will and I made cinnamon christmas decos.  Apple sauce and ground cinnamon, make to quite a thick dough, doesn't take much apple sauce, shape it bake it in a low-med oven for about 20 mins (if my pathetic memory serves me) will try to find recipe, very simple and smells devine!! Wink Wink  We just balled ours in to small hand size and used them room scenters.

Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

My little girl won't touch play dough, paint etc...so l have her a sensory play box. l've saved her a PG Tips box, and l usually put her some dried pasta in it. Coupled with that l give her, tubs with lids on, straws (l tie a couple together). She also plays with the spoons from her formula, an old saccharin box, Quality Street sweets (she can't open them)  and if l'm cooking l give her leaves from the veg or a mushroom  Grin
This keeps her busy for ages...x
Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: