Nannyjob Community Area
June 27, 2017, 09:42:11 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: activities for under 2's  (Read 11679 times)
xlisax

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »

Sorry miss that part out! They are all 9/10 months. They can all sit, but only 3 can crawl and stand.
That sounds like a fun idea, I might give that a try! Thanks
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »

Gloop!
Treasure basket
Playdough without too much salt.
Finger (body) painting.
Activities to encourage their gross motor development - reaching, standing, cruising.
Mirror play.
Building blocks and hitting them down.
Dancing to music
Playing peekaboo with a big silk handkerchief (sensory as well)
Cloth books
Playing with instruments

Have a look at the EYFS and the skills you want to develop then adapt activities to suit.

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
matnurse
Official Timewaster

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 03:31:18 PM »

I used to fill a paddling pool with all different kinds of paper, ie crinkly, shiney, bubbly etc and let them sit in it and feel it etc. I am not sure if its allowed though in collective structures cos you do have to be careful of it going in their mouths too much.

I also made rice drums and different musical sounds for them to explore.

Jelly patting too! A huge plate of different jellies to squeeze through their fingers with soft fruits in them. They loved the textures, smells and taste!

Bubble blowing fun

bambime

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »

I used to work in a baby room in a nursery; we loved to do sensory and messy play with the little ones. We found colored rice; shaving foam (with fun items and toys hidden), baked beans, corn flour, and even paint play were great ways to keep them entertained!

Babies love new sensations and to get messy. Plus pictures from the activities are always a hit with the parents. To see their children making a huge mess and having a great time!

Even if the baby is quite young you can sit them in a high chair and let them loose…I would advise very good overalls for all though!

Also if a baby is comfortable in a door or ceiling bouncer you can put trays of messy play under their feet, and then place paper quickly in its place to make some funny creative pictures   

Have fun Cheesy
xlisax

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »

Thank you all so much for your help!!!
nannypoppins
Official Timewaster

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »

When I was a childminder I had Heuristic play sessions every week, once but sometimes twice a week if I had different children on different days.

Heuristic play follows on from Treasure Baskets which are for sitting babies. Heuristic play is for babies who are on the move. You have to remove all brightly coloured tpys out of the play area so that they can get engrossed in the play session. Heuristic play basically means the babies/toddlers are offred a range of natural and household objects they can discover and explore with minimal adult intervention, so while the children are playing the adult(s) sit back, relax and observe, only intervening if the child is in danger of hurting themsleves. It is important that the babies are supervised fully but not intervened with during play.

This was one of our favorite activities, the children loved it and I found it very relaxing and interesting to observe how they discover how one object will fir onto another or how they imitate using different objects and interact together.

This link is useful if you want to include a heuristic play session in your planning:

http://www.childrenscentres.org.uk/EY_B23_Heuristic_Play.asp

You can collect a lot of the objects at charity shops and car boot sales and keep adding over a period of time so that objects can be rotated.
beke

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »

Can anyone think of ideas for my nursery children crafts or messy play thank you xx
orlapopps
Official Timewaster

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »

gloop(cornflower and water), we put jelly cubes in the water tray..
glitter in the water with paint brushes and we let them pretend to paint outside on the walls..
 Smiley
bubble
Official Timewaster

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »

Corn flour
Jelly
shaving foam
Playdough
Cooked rice/pasta

beke

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »

Fab thanks what about any suitable crafts I've done hand foot painting collages free painting colouring etc but need something that parents will go wow at. Xx
VIV
Official Timewaster

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »

Shaving gel

Printing using potatoes, sponge's, rollers, stickle bricks etc
Butterfly prints
marbling
Pasta necklaces - decorate tubes then thread them
Chalk drawing
glitter glue on black card/paper
bubble
Official Timewaster

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »

Car wheel printing
leaf printing
string printing
bubble printing
splash/flick painting (great on black paper for fireworks)

*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »

Textured paintings and collages look great when dried. Colour glue or add sand to it. We did glue with sand in it and shells the other day and the pictures look great. Rice and pasta with colour glue looks great. It sets hard.

We got air drying clay and did foot prints for all our parents. They loved them.

Chilli chick
Official Timewaster

snow angel

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »

At playgroup the other day i put trays of paint out with cars in and the children then put the car on the paper and drove it round.

Cork/apple printing
Emelie
Official Timewaster

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 07:10:27 PM »

Leaves and making a collage or just painting them and making leaf prints!

Picking flowers and pressing them.

We did hand prints as well and were painted red, Amber and green and played the traffic light game, so everyone was a car, and someone showed a hand and you responded to the colour! So red everyone stops, Amber you walk very slowly and green you walk normally. We made this into an assault course!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: