Nannyjob Community Area
August 22, 2017, 03:48:18 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: activities for under 2's  (Read 12156 times)
Mimi_G
Official Timewaster

« on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:21 PM »

Any ideas indoor activities for 16 month old?  Huh

carol24
Official Timewaster

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:22:04 PM »

Reading books
Action songs
Gloop
Shaving foam/gel
spaghetti/ pasta play
drawing
painting
playdough
gluing and sticking
water play
treasure basket/heuristic play
Building dens/tents with blankets
tunnels/ball pool to play in
playing with toys

Hope that helps
TigerLilly
Official Timewaster

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »

mine like dressing up with just a box of hats,scarfs,gloves,etc will keep them amused for ages.
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »

My new boss wants me to plan activities every afternoon for the 8 month old. Basically I think she wants it to be like the nursery where she is now. I made her some play dough yesterday but she just poked it. It isn't the same as if 10 other kids are sat there but I need ideas for things I can put on this sheet for each afternoon. So far I have got painting, cornflour gloop, playdough.

Scenicbumblebee

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »

Umm it's been a while since I've been with that age group - but I'll be there soon
Here's some suggestions

- Playdough & Goop is more likely to be eaten by an 8 month old & therefore better for older children.

- Nursery Rhymes (with hand things that you can move her hands for)

- Grabbing at things that you are holding for her. (make a game of letting her get close then moving further away - but not so much for it to be like teasing for her, or she may get distressed)

- Reading short picture books

- Action & reaction things, such as some toys where there are different shape buttons and the babe hits one of the buttons & a different animal pops out.

- Yourself doing active things that she can enjoy watching. 

- let her watch you doing things, such as eating, folding washing (if that's part of your duties) - it's all info that she can take in.

- just generally talking to her - she will love to hear your voice

Once upon a time nanny (many moons ago) from Australia
Now a sole parent by choice looking for work as a Nanny again
nb
Official Timewaster

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »

make had puppets to use for stories and singing

hand/feet painting

treasure basket

water play

lovely lillies

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »

How about making things for her to crawl through, tent or tunnel. Thats if she is crawling?
Treasure basket
Water play
** MRS BEAR **
NJ's Most Timewasting Timewaster!
Official Timewaster

I AM THE BEAR WHO CARES AND SHARES

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »

plan activites every day?

cant you just have fun

if mb wants structured stuff then maybe do swimming lesson, music classes and gymbabes/tumbletots in am and then just play in afternoon

have you manage to go out/meet any nannies yet?

Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

My old charge used to love listening to music. I made her own musical instrument with little plastic bottles and rice or lentils.
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »

Thanks for the ideas guys. I did some crayoning with her yesterday Cheesy She just tried to eat them and threw the paper away. I'll just try and find things I can put until the Mum settles down a bit.

NannyBeth
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 08:05:17 PM »

Just saw this thread and have been trying to think of things I did with my youngest charge when I first started (she was 8 months then) but tbh she mostly just fit in with what I was doing with my middle charge (was 2.5)......

I agree children this age love things like hand/feet painting (just watch how much they eat hahaha), make some v basic muscial instruments (shakers, drums) that she is able to hold and shake/hit/etc. Could you plan some trips out or is the mum still uncomfortable with this - J used to love going to feed the ducks or similar (well, watching this from the pram hahaha).

Good luck with it all!
cha_cha

My Mischeivous Kitten Nala!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »

8 months old children can be very uncooperative when it comes to creative activites... when i worked in the nursery they were either just left out altogether or helped to do it (eg when crayoning, put the crayon in the hand and put your hand around theirs and move it around the paper) so it never really was thier own work!!

We used to try and let them do big scale more fun things like water play, where we would put a tray of water on the floor with either bubbles or toys and just let them play. Cornflour play, same as water. Floor painting, cover the floor in big sheets of paper, pour paint on the floor and let them crawl through it - big hit lol!
Rach109
Official Timewaster

South Wales

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »

at this age just playing and being with you is enough IMO.Books,rhymes,handpuppets etc

something simple like a treasure basket,making dens / tunnels etc is fine

but "structured" activities is OTT IMO !  Undecided

xlisax

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »

Hi guys!
Havent been on in while, how are you all?
Well as the title says, its a question about activites to do with babies. Im working as a childminder's assistant and its my job to come up with activites for the children each week. For the older kids I have ideas coming out of my ears!! Mainly crafty ones though. However for the babies Im a bit stuck, what activities do you all do with your charges?
TIA
Asfaloth

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »

Depends how old your babies are! Can they sit/crawl/stand etc? One really fun thing I've done with under ones which was a great sensory activity is to freeze a variety of objects (say some things from a treasure basket) into a big block of ice and let them play with it as it melts. You can put food colouring & essential oils (or just herbal teas perhaps) in it- whatever you like!
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: