Nannyjob Community Area
October 19, 2017, 01:40:32 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 15929 times)
Owl Addict
Official Timewaster

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

We made snowmen today with paper plates... A smaller plate for the head, bigger plate for the body, decorate however you like but adding essentials (carrot nose, scarf, buttons etc), make a hat to stick on top, attach the plates with some string tied through little holes so the body dangles, stick on twigs for arms.

We also did handprints which I'll turn into wreaths for their bedroom doors... Lots of green and a few gold handprints, I'll cut out and stick onto a paper plate (middle removed) and then add some tissue paper berries. I'm shocked my 20 month triplets let me handpaint them!

We're also doing a snow scene similar to Melanie B... I got my 4yr old and 7yr old charges to draw 5 snowmen, a couple of xmas trees and a few houses which I'll use to create our scene with cotton wool snow.

I'm also planning to draw large-ish xmas pics (santa/santa head, penguin, xmas tree, elf, reindeer head) and get each of my charges to decorate however they choose (obviously I'll 'help' the little ones) and we'll put them up around the house.

Luckily this a new job this year so I've got tons of ideas already for next year! And I've already decided what to replace the xmas scene with in the new year... I'm really not arty though  Undecided
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »

Gonna try your Snowman tomorrow  Smiley

What New Year scene are you going for 2013 ?

You do sound arty  Smiley
Owl Addict
Official Timewaster

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »

Not a new year scene... I'm going to do paper plate caterpillar with numbers on, possibly 1-5, my little charges can paint&decorate it all and hopefully learn their numbers from it, might add some other bits to the display too.
cordelia

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »

My 3 year old charge made a robin and a reindeer from paper plates.
For the reindeers antlers we painted sticks from the park instead of pipe cleaners.
The web pages are below.

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/paper_plate_robin.htm

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/paper_plate_rudolph.htm
sparkly angel
Official Timewaster

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »

my friend made ginger bread playdough.... it smells Xmasy! (if babies wont eat it)

~*pinkhearts*~
Official Timewaster

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »

Porridge oats with glitter
Salt dough hand prints
Scented play dough- cinnamon- mixed spice & glitter
Gloop with glitter or sequins!

Revels

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »

Rudolph hand prints
Veggie paint prints to make christmas cards/calenders

Sorry, brain frazzled..I ran a one hour messy play session today!!

Owl Addict
Official Timewaster

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »

Ooh I like the Robin, makes a change to the usual xmas pics  Smiley
*kaysy*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »

I painted E's feet white and printed onto blue card, turned it upside down and J made  it into a snowman. I also did the salt dough hand print and painted it to look like Father Christmas.
rosie doll
Official Timewaster

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »

I painted E's feet white and printed onto blue card, turned it upside down and J made  it into a snowman. I also did the salt dough hand print and painted it to look like Father Christmas.

I love the footprint/snowman idea  Grin
Owl Addict
Official Timewaster

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »

I love the footprint/snowman idea  Grin

Might pinch that idea for family Christmas cards  Cheesy
sboland100

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »

Gone from being a nanny to working in a baby room at a nursery we've done soo far...

Reindeer with foot/hand prints
Holly with handprints
Made angels (handprints for wings) gluing and sticking a circle (wrap in a cone shape for the body) a pic of  their face for the head!
Gluing and sticking snowflakes
Snowman with Cotton wool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: