Nannyjob Community Area
August 18, 2017, 07:05:01 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 15272 times)
shark chaser
Official Timewaster

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 04:32:25 PM »

Thought it would be a nice to share any art activities that we are doing with our charges over the next few weeks to give us all some inspiration  Grin
Here's my first contribution - a snowman!
We covered a soup container in toilet paper and glue then painted it white and the stuck on the foam and pipe cleaners to decorate. We did one for mummy, daddy and my 2 charges.

[/img]

shark chaser
Official Timewaster

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »

i knew that wouldnt work  Roll Eyes
try again!

Chilli chick
Official Timewaster

snow angel

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

That's fab!!

I made angels at playgroup last week, i just cut out head and body shape then stuck on some wings. Then let the children decorate it with glitter.

Have made handprint wreaths at after school club and also advent calendars.
shark chaser
Official Timewaster

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »

Here's the reindeer handprints I did with my ex charge last year - think it may have been Cinders who have done some this year with her kiddies - so sorry if Im wrong!  Grin xx

Chilli chick
Official Timewaster

snow angel

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

Love the reindeer
little miss small
Official Timewaster

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

My nanny friend made reindeer cupcakes. Haven't got a photo though sorry. Normal cupcake recipe. To decorate, use butter icing with drinking chocolate/cocoa powder in it and spread on top of cakes. Cut glace cherries in half and put one half on each cake in the middle, with two raisens and get some curly wurlies and cut them into 3-4 pieces or chomp bars and cut them in half and put in top/side of cake and you have rudolf the red nose reindeer cakes.
Pooh bear
Official Timewaster

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »

We made angels today at church by drawing round a foot for the body and drawing a face on the hell.  Decorate with sparkly bits and used doilies on the back for wings with pipe cleaners for a halo taped on the back.

Sorry, no pics though - very simple and easy to make!

Revels

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »

We are making 3d christmas trees at my Childrens Centre next week...

Simple but effective!

Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »

ohhh thanks for this thread shark chaser  Grin

l like each month to have a theme for my little C on our kitchen door and window. Obviously once December is here, l'll be doing a snowman, a Reindeer, Robin, Santa etc..

l've bought from Wilkinsons several stars,all different colours, those l'll hang up near the sky light  Grin
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »

As it's 1st December post you Christmassy crafts and recipes here!

I have an activity for slightly older children to start off.

Glittery snowflakes:

You need lots of ring reinforcement stickers (those white ones that look like polos)
Loose glitter
PVA glue
Thread

Stick the rings together starting with a clump of 5 or 6 slightly overlapping in the middle. This is the centre of your snowflake.
Build up your snowflake by overlapping the rings slightly
When you have finished tie a thread though the centre of the snowflake so you can hang it up
Coat both sides in white glue
Dredge in glitter
Hang to dry!

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »

I've made my charge a village snow scene on her bedroom window. I lined the bottom of the window with a white/silver plump tinsel (Pound Shop)
For falling snow l threaded white cotton through a cotton wool ball and tied a knot, then leave a space and repeat.
The houses, I cut out different shaped houses tall, square and rectangle. I added small bright, shapes of different colours for windows and doors, roofs and chimneys. Then glued together, I simply stuck them on the window with Sellotape.

Her sister, I've made her baubles. I cut out from yellow, pink and red metallic card, different shapes, l doubled up, then put a strip of red or silver thin Christmas ribbon inside , then glued both sides. Like making a sandwich. Then I've hung it from her window.

I'll post them on Fb  Smiley

Melanie B
Official Timewaster

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »

We also made really lovely Christmas Pudds. Cut out brown card in a circle. Then cut white card as dripping cream, with green felt l cut two pieces of holly and l bought a bag of Christmas Pom-Poms from the Pound shop.
Literally layer everything..glue the white cream on the top of the pudding, then glue the holly and finally add two red pom-poms. For currant effect use a black felt tip.

Once these are done, these look fab !!
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »

If anyone is interested pound land have some make your own snow for sale which is fun. I got some the other week
cordelia

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »

I am looking for a childrens Christmas Album to download from iTunes that my charges aged 3 and 16 months would enjoy.
Anyone have any recommendations?
shark chaser
Official Timewaster

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »

I've got Disney Christmas and tweeniesxmas, not sure if they're on iTunes tho ;-)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: