Nannyjob Community Area
June 28, 2017, 06:33:02 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 14635 times)
~*pinkhearts*~
Official Timewaster

« on: October 14, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »

thought we could put some ideas together here for different age ranges to keep us all going on the lead up to christmas! Grin

*Salt dough decorations
*calendars

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:52:02 AM by NJ4 » Logged

Miss Pebbles
Official Timewaster

God Bless and Keep Safe

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

* life size father christmas - draw around the child and let the decorate
* cut a 5 star shape out of red card/paper and turn it into father Christmas - by bainting 4 points black for his mittens/boots and then the last point stick on a bit of cotton wool draw a belt half way down the star and let the child draw a smiley face.

Is counting down the days till Mummies and Daddies come home!
kes

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »

* life size father christmas - draw around the child and let the decorate
* cut a 5 star shape out of red card/paper and turn it into father Christmas - by bainting 4 points black for his mittens/boots and then the last point stick on a bit of cotton wool draw a belt half way down the star and let the child draw a smiley face.

Awesome ideas....thanks
suzy_woo
Official Timewaster

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »

fingerprint christmas trees: cut out a christmas tree shape in white paper, provide green paint and finger print away!

erm i did loads last yr, i'll dig the photo's out later and post some more

xx
cazz21

cazz21

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »

Get children to do loads of green handprints, cut them out and let children stick on to circle wreath shape, overlap hands, then stick on red crepe paper rolled up, like berries.  parents laways seem to like this.  Smiley

CAZ
hazel_styles

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »

Making cookies with a hole in the top and once they are decorated put string through the hole and hang them on the christmas tree! very yummy and actually dont go stale!  Grin
Sophie ~ Lou

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:08:35 PM »

Christmas cards~ Use any colour card but not white, with white paint get the children to dip their middle finger in the paint make a row of them on the card, then put their small finger in the paint add it on top of the blobs they have made to make snow men, they can add a black hat, dots for eyes etc. I made 20 of these last year! each card had 12 snow men on!!!!!!!!!! you can do as many as you like.
*~*Hello Kitty*~*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:19:06 AM »

When I just had a baby charge one year I dipped his feet in green paint and did a whole batch of footprints in one go. Then when they dried I cut them out and put two on a card like holly and put some red dots for the berry's. They went down a storm with the new Grandparents and Mommy and Daddy's first card off their son.

Robin's are dead easy too. Cut out two brown circles similar sizes to when making snowmen then cut a red circle out smaller than the body of the robin. Add eyes and a diamond shaped beak bent to stick off the page. You can do the cutting and the kids can glue or they can if they're old enough.

When I had a special needs girl with younger siblings I drew shapes on cards like Boot, Christmas tree, snowman, santa etc and then let them go to town with the glitter and sticky shapes etc. They loved it. I just had to keep swapping them over so one card didn't get everything dumped on it but they turned out brill and they all looked very child made which I love. I don't like the cards to look too adult involved.

Paper chains are another good one. Cut out strips of paper all colours and then let the kids decorate anyway they want. Then when dry string them all together to make paper chain. I just staple them. It's easier but selotape works too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:31:06 PM by *~*Hello Kitty*~* » Logged

Blondie123
Official Timewaster

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:47:03 PM »

im likeing this post already  Grin
think i will do calenders this year

csm

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »

I did a few things last year ill dig out the pics and post them up!!!
bodyattack
Official Timewaster

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »

Advent boxes
 take 24 match boxes { really cheap to buy in a shop}
dip the ends in differant colour gitters
number them from 1 to 24 with gitter glue and use spilt pins as handles
 glue them together in four equal rows
 cover with an off cut of frabic front side and back
 decorate the top.
 Made one with my charge four years ago and every christmas it comes out parents really impressed.
 I fill them with a small sweet and a little question to answer.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:41:33 PM by sally1 » Logged
DonnaBallona
Official Timewaster

I love my Baby Girl!

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:33:55 AM »

When I was at nursery last year I worked in the baby room...at xmas time we had lots of teeny babies in (most were 3 or 4 months) and obv they couldnt make anything alone-We painted their feet in brown paint and printed it onto the centre of a card. Then we painted one hand in brown paint and pressed it either side of the foot. Then we cut out a red circle for a nose and put two googly eyes on top...TAA DAA!! Rudolph on a card. Smiley

(This will work with white and yellow paint for angels too.)

Iv also made cards by children painting a round card with 'xmassy' coloured paint...then they put glitter ALL OVER it (the best bit IMO Smiley Then we took a pic of them wearing a santa hat and stuck it oin the front....dead cute and a keepsake too!! x x  Cheesy

DonnaBallona
Official Timewaster

I love my Baby Girl!

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »

oh yeah...we also put a tag shape off the top at an angle with gold ribbon...it made it look like a bauble in case you were wondering what the point of it was..hehe Smiley

cazz21

cazz21

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 09:28:12 PM »

Having recently returned to nannying for one of my ex families I am looking for christmas craft ideas suitable for 18month old charge, I really dont want to do same ideas as I did with older charges from same family although there are a few that can be changed slightly.

Any christmas activities?  Please add below.
Thanks all!

CAZ
jancolls
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 10:55:53 PM »

Sainsburys have a Xmas craft book in store [prob only larger stores] for just 1.99.  Not sure what age range its for, but I expect you could adapt stuff.  It comes with a CD, with lots of other ideas, traceable and printable drawings etc.

The main part of the book, has a couple of masks, which are literally page-size and just pop out and you attach string to them.  There are also pop-out card Xmas tree decorations and drawings to trace over etc.  A lot of fun for an extremely reasonable price.  Looking forward to getting stuck into it, with my younger charge!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: