Nannyjob Community Area
August 20, 2017, 10:06:55 PM *
Nannyjob Home | Submit a vacancy | Search Jobs | Submit a CV | Search CVs | Contact Us
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
This page is sponsored by:
News: To view and post in the "Members only" section you have to login  or register

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development/Planning/EYFS  (Read 21838 times)
Miss Pebbles
Official Timewaster

God Bless and Keep Safe

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

Not sure what he means by that - I suppose how are you lanning activities/doing things that meet both childrens developmental stages so you say how you adapt activities etc  Grin

I'm sure it will be fine - will MB be there?

Is counting down the days till Mummies and Daddies come home!
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »

Thanks will have a little think. The majority of the day i have just the 3 year old as 4 year old is at school.
Sometimes we play games together that involve counting so that comes under mathamatics.
Plus drawing and scissors so guess that comes under creative, and physical developent.
Reading stories for language.

No im just meeting up with my Dad boss. A friend of mine said that that was a bit odd which wasnt very helpful to me.
He is quite a chatty hands on Dad though. Whilst her ex Dad boss had barely two words to say to her. So im just thinking of it like that.
Miss Pebbles
Official Timewaster

God Bless and Keep Safe

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »

Well why not start with the basics.

There are 6 main areas of learning:
* Personal, social and emotional development
* Communication, language and literacy
* Mathematical Development
* Knowledge and understanding of the world
* Physical Development
* Creative Development

So activities for your three year old could be

* Personal, social and emotional development
Targets - Getting himself dressed, manners,
How you would do it - Play dates, allow him to dress himself, read books that show different cultures etc, role play things like the doctors etc

* Communication, language and literacy
Targets - Practising/attempting/enjoying reading and writing by trips to the libararay reading books comics, seeing who uses writing eg waitresses in cafes traffic ardnes, reading bus tickets,
How you would do it - see above plus practie writing letters in sand, make your own books about what you do day to day/important people etc

* Mathematical Development
Taregts - learnign to count, measure,
What to do - water play with things that float and sink, board gaems, taking turns, giving money and recieving change at the shops etc

* Knowledge and understanding of the world
Targets - know about the local area, undertsnad about certain things eg what policmen do, how things work etc
What to do - visit museums, maybe visit a frie/police station, sensory play eg gloop, ice cubes, read books,

* Physical Development
Targets - Gross and fine motor skills, so running, jumping, swimming, walking, or threading, building with blocks etc
What to do - lots of different activities make asault courses get some small items to play with etc

* Creative Development
Targets - become interested in music, art, drama and dance
What to do -  join classes, make up shows, sing songs, do lots of different types of art , visit galleries,

Then because obviously he wants to know how you are handlng the two different age ranges say that you would adpat the activity to suit the eldest or youngest so that they both enjoyed it eg make a treasure hunt - one with pics for youngest, one with clues on for the oldest etc.

Hope I made sense and didn't babble too much and hope this is what you're after Grin

Kiss

Is counting down the days till Mummies and Daddies come home!
sense on legs
Official Timewaster

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »

Now this might be me being overly suspicious but are they developing normally?

It might be your DB being really hands on or it might be him being a little concerned about a particular area of development (possibly with or without reason but it's something to bear in mind).

I'd just get a copy of the FS curriculum and try and say something for each of the areas, like Miss Pebbles said. Mention for stuff like personal, social, emotional development that you're being a positive role model and encouraging the boys to play together, take responsibility for themselves, taking the younger one to groups encourages him to interact with other children etc.

Outlining how you plan to extend activities is also a good idea, and also whether you've noticed any which have worked particularly well. If they're slightly behind on any stage of development you could say how you plan to help them in that particular area and how.

If you need any help just IM - I used to be a teacher so I'm used to thinking about daily activities in terms that parents want to hear and also that they understand!
Sweet Caroline
Official Timewaster

Sweet Caroline

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »

Thanks for your ideas dont want to get too bogged down but will use one example of each of the Early learning goals (or whatever they are known as now)

So for example Playing outdoors doing a range of races running, hopping etc. Comes under Pysical develoment.
Then obviously i have to think of an example for the other 5 ELCs. Got some ideas in mind.

They seem to be developing ok.
They have become hard work of late though. 3 yr old is prone to tantrums and 4 yr old is getting a bit cheeky and disabeadient. (i guess this is normal once they go to school).

Its starting to get me down and Dads obviously picked up on it a bit. Think this is the main reason why we are having this chat

(sorry if im not making sense, my words come out a bit funny when im feeling tense)
vonny
Official Timewaster

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »

If its the boys behaviour he is concerned about then maybe you db wants to know how you are dealing with it so you can both be doing the same thing to resolve it.

Good luck, im sure you will be fine x

karan-louiesmum

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »

Ok need some help on this. I have age 2-3 year olds in my keyworker group. I am looking for activities for problem solving, reasoning and numeracy and knowledge  and understanding of the world, many thanks if you can help!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlru

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »

You could look at :-
Sand play - providing buckets and spades - encouraging them to build things to get them thinking about how they are going to make what ever it is that they want to make - dry and wet sand to encourage discussion about the differences.
Water Play - with different sizes of container - discussing the different containers and introducing mathematical language eg:- bigger, smaller, more, less etc
Block Play - using the colours, sizes and building different sizes and coloured towers.
Painting - provide all sorts of different materials to encourage the children to decide and reason what materials they want / need to use to create what they want to make.
Threading large beads - again colours, sizes etc.
Messy Play - any messy play activity
Outside activities can be good for KUW EG :- Nature Walks, Textures et.c

Any of these activities can be developed to cover pretty much any area of the EYFS.

Hope that this helps. If you would like any more ideas then let me know.
jefnerf

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »

Jigsaws which have different amounts of pieces
Making playdough (rather than just playing with it) talk about the different amounts of cups we need to put into the bowl
Katie xx

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »

if you need any advice pm me! I work with 18-month to 3 yr olds and i'm forever planning. I've finally got my head round the eyfs!
Katie xx

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »

for psrn you could do activities which include catergorising objects(e.g by colour sze, shape etc) Matching puzzles, memory game  like the one where you put objects on a tray and remove one and ask the children to identify which one,
any contruction based activity such as mea blocks, duplo etc,  shape sorters,

for kuw you could include playing outdoors, talking about weather, cooking activities, going on walks, treasure hunts in the garden, art work based on spring (spring flowers, baby animals, etc) looking at different photos or a collection of post cards, treassure baskets.
FrenchLieutenant'sWoman
Administrator
Official Timewaster

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »

If you find it difficult looking at the topic headings approach it a different way by starting with the resource you want to use. Say we take buttons:

Numeracy: counting buttons, size of buttons, sorting buttons, basic addition/subtraction

Problem solving: x-links to numeracy with sorting buttons, basic mathemetical manipulation, diving buttons between 2 children...3 children etc

Reasoning: matching the buttons, why are they the same and why are they different

KUW: what are buttons made of, what are buttons for, where can we find buttons - link to PSED with skills such as getting dressed.

And then you can link to fine motor skills by putting buttons onto a string...

Here to help! Kiss

If you PM and don't get a reply please try me again. 10 PMs is a quiet day or I might be busy with my day job Wink
karan-louiesmum

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:15 PM »

Need some help please. I need to think of an activity for my key worker group.  The children are 2 years 3 months to 3 years old. Any ideas. Thank you ladies.
hwaddy
Official Timewaster

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »

Can it be any activity? If so why not try...

Gloop (cornflour and water)
Painting.. sponge/ straw/ finger
Sticking and gluing
Activity with counting/ letters/ number/ certain topic

Hope that helps xx

*Little*Pink*Fairy*
Official Timewaster

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »

Threading beads on a string, and asking how many yellow is there etc etc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: